Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tag Card

I’ll admit that I am not a big user of tags on my cards and projects. However, when I saw this week’s Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamps I couldn’t resist. The “Tag You're It” challenge asks us to make a tag or use one on a project. I made a “tag card” by die cutting a tag from a folded piece of cardstock to create the card base. 
Here are the supplies I used:

**Paper from Club Scrap, including the wood veneer used for the trees.

**The tag die is from Tim Holtz Sizzix, the tree die is from Taylored Expressions.

**Sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap (Great Outdoors kit), stamped with Earth Club Scrap ink. Eagle stamp is from I Break For Stamps, stamped with both Earth and Mahogany Club Scrap ink.

**The background is inked with Rusty Hinge Wild Honey and Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The trees are colored with Brushed Corduroy and Ground Espresso Distress Ink, then sprayed with Antique Bronze Distress Mica Spray.

**Fiber is from Club Scrap (Nice to See You kit).

**Metal charm is from Club Scrap, but I don’t remember which kit, altered with YR27 Copic Marker.

This is not an A2 size card, so I had to make an envelope for it using my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. Since I won’t be mailing this particular card, I had a little fun with the envelope:
The trees are cut out of wood veneer using the Birch Tree cutting plate from Taylored Expressions, colored the same way as the ones on the card. The sentiment is from Club Scrap (Tribal kit).

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Rose, I love your tag card! The wood veneer trees are a great idea to go along with that eagle! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired by your use of the wood veneer! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...