Monday, March 13, 2017

Industrial Waves

So, this month’s Technique Challenge on the Club Scrap Blog/Forum is to make your own background. I pulled out a technique that I have always loved, but haven’t done in a while:
I started by putting a few drops each of the Green and the Blue Club Scrap Metallic re-inkers (which they don't carry anymore) onto a piece of glossy black cardstock. I used a brayer to smooth out the colors, then I took a wadded up piece of scrap paper and pounced all over the paper. I loved the results! I set it aside to dry and left to go run some errands. A few hours later, I came back expecting to move forward with my card only to find that my background was not even close to being dry! Oops…thought I used too much ink. So I got a second piece of glossy cardstock and “smooshed” them together, then pulled them apart. Ok, I liked these results even better! It was then that I remembered to these need to be heat set. Oh well, I got a totally unexpected look and an extra really cool panel out of my mistake.

I also used some of the “extra” ink on my brayer and on my craft sheet to “finger paint” a white piece of cardstock. I used a Taylored Expressions die to cut the “waves” out of that piece.

Since I posted this for the week 4 “Industrial Arts” challenge on my PSL team (Pro Scrapping League – Club Scrap’s version of a sports season. Teams “compete” through a series of weekly crafting challenges), I used some copper colored metal from Ten Seconds Studio to die cut the Sea Horse from Cheery Lynn Designs and to cut out a tag for the sentiment.

Here are the other supplies I used:

**Paper from Club Scrap.

**Sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap (Seaside kit).

**Sentiment stamped with Midnight Blue StazOn ink.

**Rusty Brown StazOn ink was used to distress the tag and the sea horse. Copic Marker E29 was used to help highlight the details of the sea horse.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic background! It looks like an underwater reef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes a perfect background for your images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool background, Rose. Thanks for the "how to"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...