Wednesday, March 29, 2017

An Anniversary and Some Vitamin Sea

True confessions time…I really wanted to participate in this month’s Club Scrap Blog Hop and Linky Party.  But, I did not want to do anything with my Delft Lite kit.  Not because I don’t like it…it is gorgeous!  I have photos from our trip to the Netherlands (including Delft) that would be perfect on these pages and I not nearly ready to scrap that trip yet.  So, I came up with a couple of other projects.

First, my parents will be celebrating their 61st wedding anniversary soon, so I used a couple of the cut-a-parts to make them this card:
All the papers and the ribbon are from the Delft Lite kit.  The sentiment is from Club Scrap (Vogue kit), stamped with Distress Embossing ink and embossed with Denim Zing embossing powder.  I made the faux tile using part of a stencil from Club Scrap (Versailles kit), Sapphire Club Scrap ink, Distress Embossing ink, and Clear WOW embossing powder.    The edges of the tile were colored with Chipped Sapphire Distress marker.

My second project is kind of wild, and has little to do with anything Delft.  My daughter shared a picture with a quote that I wanted to use on a plaque.  All the paper and the ribbon are from my Delft Lite kit:
I started out using Color Burst (Orange, Yellow Ochre, Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Turquoise, and Burnt Orange) to create the background scene.  Once that dried, I used the stencil from Delft with Transparent Gloss Texture Paste from Ranger.  After letting that layer dry, I sponged on Chipped Sapphire Distress ink to fill in the gaps.  An easy way to get a mosaic look.

The sentiment was printed onto the light blue card stock from Delft using the Agent C font from the kit.  I cut it out using a die from Spellbinders, stamped it with a Club Scrap stamp (Be Wonderful kit) to add a little texture, inked it with Lagoon Club Scrap ink and embossed it using Distress Embossing ink and the Clear WOW powder.

The "base" of the plaque is a board that had been some packing material in a shelf unit we bought.  I finished off the piece with a left over turtle that I made for a Club Scrap retreat swap a few years back, a couple of nail head stickers from my stash, and three shell pieces that I found the last time I was out getting a dose of vitamin sea.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Your parents will love the card you made, how wonderful they are celebrating their 61st wedding anniversary!
    Your sea plague is so nicely colorful and fun to look at, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is awesome!!! and congratulations to your mum and dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and plaque! If you want to save your kit there is always the digital kit - worth the price so you have access to more paper when needed! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and wonderful use of the stencil. Your parents will love their card and have a great celebration. Can't wait to see your Dutch pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding cards! I don't blame you for not wanting to cut up this gorgeous kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...