Friday, March 24, 2017

Layering

I’ll be taking a cruise to Alaska in a couple of month.  Coming from Hawaii, I know I will freeze…even if they have mild spring temperatures.  I plan to dress in layers to help combat the cold (insert scene from “Cool Runnings” when the bobsled team first arrives in Calgary).  Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge is to “layer it up”.   Since I’m pretty sure they were not giving me packing advice, I made this card:
The background is an art orphan made with various colors of sprays.  I used Pearlescent Embossing Paste colored with Mustard Seed Distress re-inker through a stencil from Club Scrap (Summer Camp 2009 kit) to create the daisy flower.  After it was dry, I put the stencil back on and sponged some Mustard Seed Distress ink on top to help punch up the color a little.

Here are the other supplies that I used:
**Paper from Club Scrap.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap (BandananaRama kit).  

**Sentiment stamp is from Taylored Expressions, inked with Distress Embossing ink and embossed with Ivory Stampendous embossing powder.

**The sentiment tag was cut out using a Tim Holtz “Tag Collection” die.  It was inked with Broken China Distress ink.

*The brads are from my stash, altered with Y21 Copic Marker.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love it so much Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mustard seed flower against the blue background. So pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of multi media layering. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...