Wednesday, June 29, 2016

No Shoes Please!

It is almost the end of the month, and that means it is Blog Hop Linky Party time over at the Club Scrap Blog.   This month I had a project in mind even before my Boardwalk Lite kit arrived. It all started with a trip to my local Ben Franklin store where I found this at a real good price:
My daughter recently moved to a new apartment which has carpeting. Her and her roommate decided to invoke a “no shoes in the house” policy to try to keep the carpet in good shape. My project is a house warming gift to help them get the word out to their visitors:
I won’t bore you with all the details of how this came together, but I will share a few highlights. (All the supplies came from my Boardwalk light kit except where noted.)  To start, I downloaded the Lobster font that Club Scrap used for this kit and printed out “welcome” on a piece of copy paper. After fussy cutting out the letters, I inverted them (because I didn’t think far enough ahead to invert before printing) to use as a template onto a piece of the navy paper and fussy cut them again. A couple coats of UTEE gave them a glassy look to blend in with the glass in the frame.

The “relax…” and “enjoy!” came from the Boardwalk stencil  included with my kit. They were stenciled onto a piece of the navy paper using Ranger Texture Paste which I colored with a few drops of Cloudy Blue Alcohol Ink. The “kick off you shoes” message was printed using the Lobster font onto part of one of the cut-apart journal cards from the kit.

I finished off the piece by staining the sides and back with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain, and by inking the front edges with Earth Club Scrap ink.

The flip flop stamp on the tag is from Stampendous. It was stamped with VersaMark ink embossed with Denim Zing EP, and colored in using Tumbled Glass, Candied Apple and Frayed Burlap Distress Markers.

Hopefully this will help my Daughter and her roommate keep their carpets in good shape.  (Or, at least brighten up their walls a little.)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love the cute sign you made - such a polite way to ask people to take off their shoes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave a house full of boys, we do "no shoes" over here too! (Though, they all take them off at the front door, and if you're not careful you'll break and ankle walking down the front steps!) Really cute door decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Your daughter and roommate will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sign and idea I will definitely be casing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when a project comes together so well. Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...