Sunday, June 12, 2016

In Distress…Stains

It is another “one card for two challenges” post.  (I feel extra productive!)  This week’s Summer of Creative Chemistry challenge is to use Distress Stains and stamps.  June’s technique challenge over on the Club Scrap Blog is to create your own handmade embellishment. When I combined the two ideas, I came up with this birthday card:
The backgrounds are Faded Jeans, Broken China and Shabby Shutters Distress Stains on water color paper, with Salty Ocean Distress ink sponged on the edges.  Both layers are done the same, except a background stamp from Club Scrap’s Navigation Borders & Background stamp set was stamped with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain on the top panel. It didn’t create a detailed image, but I like the extra texture that it added.  I also used the same Distress colors on the sentiment banner with the Brushed Pewter “painted” over the top of them. 

For my handmade embellishment, I took a scrap piece of paper, coated it with VersaMark ink and covered it with Silver Zing embossing powder.  After repeating that process about four times, I stamped the image using a Club Scrap stamp from the “Artifacts” kit (be sure to use the VersaMark on the stamp before stamping into the warm embossing powder). I fussy cut it out, then rubbed a little bit of Black Soot Distress Paint on it to highlight the details a little more. I also made my own “nailheads” on the sentiment banner by punching out the dots using a small hole punch on some scrap black paper, then covering them with Glossy Accents after gluing them down.

Other supplies I used,

**paper from Club Scrap and Strathmore Water color paper.

**the sentiment is a stamp from Club Scrap’s “National Parks” kit, stamped with Onyx Black Versafine Ink and embossed with Gina K Designs Clear Fine Detail EP.

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Creative License” kit which I slightly altered with the Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...