Thursday, June 2, 2016

Two for One

I tied together two challenges today: the weekly challenge at Gina K’s Stamp TV which is to use black and white with a pop of color, and the Mojo Monday 450 card sketch challenge, which looks like this: 
I sprinkled in a bit of whimsy and came up with a card that looks like this: 
White is not my favorite color, and using a lot of it on a project is hard for me. To help me get past this, I sprayed a piece of white cardstock with both Iridescent Memories Mists and “Perfect Pearls” Perfect Pearls Spray to shimmer it up some. The sentiment stamp (from the Club Scrap “Adobe” kit) was stamped with VersaMark Ink, and embossed using  Zing "Mustard" EP. When it didn’t show up as much as I wanted it to, I put it back in my MISTI stamping tool (you really should check them out if you don't have one!!) and stamped it once more using "Onyx" Club Scrap Ink.  After hitting it with the heat gun again, it gave me almost a shadow effect and made the sentiment easier to read. Then I embossed it using a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder, doing it in stages so I wouldn’t emboss over the sentiment. 

The image stamp is from a Gina K stamp set duo called “Melt My Heart” which sadly doesn’t seem to be available any more. It was stamped with VersaFine ink, then embossed with WOW clear EP.  I colored in the scarf and hat using a "Fossilized Amber" Distress Marker, and I colored in the beak and feet using a Wild Honey Distress Marker that apparently is running dry. I liked the effect it gave though! I painted in the snowball and parts of the hat using a mixture of the two sprays (from the background). The banner was edged with the VersaFine ink. 

The other supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K (base), and Club Scrap.
 
**the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Bon Apetit” kit (unfortunately no longer available) .

**the snowflake was cut out of a piece of black card stock that had been sprayed with the same two sprays as the background. The die is from Taylored Expressions.

**the little scrap of yellow on the side of the background was cut with wavy die from Stamps Of Life.  

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling little card. Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...