Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Monochromatic Birthday Card

Once I got around to really looking at this week’s Mojo Monday sketch
…the proverbial lightbulb light up. It has been awhile since something came together this quickly for me. I did tweak the sketch a little, but here is the finished birthday card:

The background is a technique called Faux Textured Metal Paper that I got from a Jennifer McGuire video. After using some Washi tape to mask the edges of the cardstock, I sponged on Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. Then I brushed on Pewter Perfect Pearls before removing the tape mask. The panel was then embossed using a Tim Holtz Alterations (Sizzix) embossing folder.

Other supplies I used:

**paper is from Gina K (Base), and Club Scrap.

**the clock is a stamp from Stampers Best (now Deep Red Stamps), stamped with VersaMark ink, embossed with Silver Zing EP and cut out with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die.

**the sentiment is stamp from Club Scrap’s “Time of Your Life” kit, stamped with VersaMark Ink and embossed with Club Scrap’s Hematite EP.

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s Cape Cod kit. 

Sometimes it is good to wander a little out of your comfort zone as I did with this card.  I normally use brighter colors, but since this is a card for my Brother-in-law, I think the blue/gray monochromatic feel works pretty well.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card! Love the look of your faux metallic panel. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing birthday card Rose! I am loving your blog and now am following you (I have you in my feedly feed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing birthday card Rose! I am loving your blog and now am following you (I have you in my feedly feed).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...