Saturday, June 4, 2016

Creative Chemistry!

I’ll admit that I was not big on the science classes back in school, especially Chemistry. But, for some reason, taking a “Chemistry” class from Tim Holtz is way more fun and interesting! I am so looking forward to the Creative Chemistry 103 online class in August! In the meantime it has been good to go back an refresh the knowledge I learned from  CC101. Here is the card I made for the Summer Of Creative Chemistry Week 1 challenge:
The background was done with the “Spritz & Flick” technique using Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. The edges were distressed with Black Soot Distress Ink.

The flowers were cut out of an art orphan that I finger painted, blending Seedless Preserves and Brushed Pewter Distress Paint.  I used Spellbinders – Heartfelt Creations “Daisy Patch” dies to cut them out, and a Stampers Anonymous “Croc” background stamp to add a little detail.  Each one was finished off with a Gold Jewel Dazzle sticker.

Other supplies I used,

**paper from Gina K (Base), Ranger Speciality Paper (background), and Club Scrap.

**the “hello” lattice was cut out using a Creative Expressions die.

**the ribbon was a piece left over from an old Taylored Expressions kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I'm here visiting from the class gallery. This is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...