Sunday, July 3, 2016

Playing With Paint…

...Distress paint to be exact. I admit, that with all the crafty mediums out there, paint is not one of my go to choices. I only have seven colors of Distress Paint, so this week’s Summer of Creative Chemistry Week 5 challenge to use three or more colors of Distress Paint was extra interesting for me. However, I had a blast planning and playing with what I have. I ended up making a birthday card for my son:
I did the Distress Paint Marbling Technique for the background, using Black Soot, Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.  I added a Pinking Circle die (from Taylored Expressions) cut out of a piece of silver velum, then dry embossed the whole thing using a Sizzix “Cracked” embossing folder.

The gecko is a die from Die-Versions.  He is cut out of Grungepaper, glued onto more Grungepaper and fussy cut out. I added a layer of Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, then some Peeled Paint and Tarnish Brass Distress Paint.  Once it was all dry, I used a little Antique Bronze Distress Stain and some Black Soot Distress Ink to try to bring out the crackles and other details.

The green piece that has the sentiment on it was created from a scrap piece of black cardstock and the paints left over on my craft sheet after doing the background and gecko.  I just kept adding water, mixing it up, swishing the paper trough and drying it with my heat too.  The color slowly built up giving it a pretty cool looking texture when you see it up close.

Other supplies I used:

**paper is Gina K Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap “All That Jazz” kit, stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Silver Zing embossing powder.

**ribbon is upcycled, but altered with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain

**nail heads are from Mark Richards

**the layout for the card is loosely based on this last week’s Mojo Monday card sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...