Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Office Space Fun

It is that time of the month again…time for the Club Scrap Office Space Blog Hop! I had some fun, and went a little crazy this month:
I had planned to make the “office” related projects, then found out my son will be moving into a new place soon, and added a house warming gift for him. I’ll show you each piece and share a few details.

Project #1
I followed Tricia’s tutorial for a Business Card Holder.  All the supplies came in my Office Space Lite kit except the ribbon (which came from my stash, altered with Evergreen Bough Distress Marker), the die for the button closure (Die-namics), and the brad (from my stash). I also used Evergreen Bough Distress Ink on some of the edges, and a coat of Glue N’ Seal from Ranger to protect it all.

Project #2
I followed a Technique Junkies tutorial to make this Corner Bookmark . All the supplies came in my Office Space Lite kit except the ribbon (which was upcycled), the dies for the decoration (Spellbinders Circle and Spellbinders Floral Burst ), a border punch from Tonic Studios, some Tomato Soup Gina K Designs Ink, a drop of Rose Gold Liquid Pearls in the center of the design, and a coat of Glue N’ Seal .

Project #3
This project was inspired by a tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers website. It started with a simple acrylic picture frame and a pad of post-it notes. All the other supplies came from my Office Space Lite kit except some Tomato Soup Gina K Designs Ink and some Earth Club Scrap Ink for edging, a button die from Die-namics , and some Glossy Accents on the coffee mug.

Project #4
This is the gift for my son. It started with an unfinished wood sign from my local Ben Franklin store. I stained it using Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  All the paper came from my Office Space Lite kit . The background pieces were embossed with a Tim Holtz Alterations (Sizzix) embossing folder, and inked with Ocean and Earth Club Scrap Ink . The tiki pieces were cut using a Die-Versions die and the color was altered with Champagne Glimmer Glaze (tiki faces), Earth Club Scrap Ink (behind the faces), Siren Smooch Ink (flowers), Safforn Glimmer Glaze (flower centers) and the Jade STA Metallic Pen that came in my kit (leaves). The “aloha” letters are a digital font from the Club Scrap Tahiti Digital kit that I printed out then fussy cut. The twine (from the kit) was altered with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I finished with a layer of Glue N’ Seal over it all.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh such great projects Rose! The business card holder will be so fun to use, and the adorable bookmark corner will really be handy, along with the best lookin' Post-It holder around. Your son will love the great house warming gift you made for sure, how great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Rose you have used this kit to its fullest potential!! Love the aloha sign!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set of totally "out-of-the-box" projects, Rose! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose you have outdone yourself. All the projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Rose. Love the sticky note holder - great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...