Sunday, July 10, 2016

“A Simple Hello” to Stencils

I LOVE stencils! There are so many cool things that you can do with them. I admit that I don’t push the limits a much as I could or should, but I am working on getting better. It was fun to have two challenges using stencils that I could combine into one project. The Summer of Creative Chemistry week 6 challenge is to use two stencil techniques (from Creative Chemistry 102, day two) together on one project. The Club Scrap July Technique Challenge is to “stamp through your stencil”. Here is my card:
I started with a stencil that was an extra for Club Scrap’s “Moroccan Spice” collection. I sponged on Topaz Club Scrap ink, then sprayed it with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (which doesn’t seem to be available anymore). After tacking down ClubScrap’s “Dahlia” stencil, I sponged on Tangerine Club Scrap ink. The stamping part was done using a Club Scrap stamp from “Gratitude” and Carnation Club Scrap ink, meeting the the Club Scrap challenge, and the first technique for the Creative Chemistry challenge. Here is a close up of the flower to better show the image inside the stencil:
Next, while the stencil was still tacked down, I did the “Stencil Sketching” technique using a Abandoned Coral Distress Marker…technique number two. Then, just for grins, I went for a third technique and tried the “Embossing with Stencils”. My stencil didn’t quite stay in place, but it still added a little bit extra texture. I finished with one for spray of the Glimmer Mist to make the whole panel shimmer.

Other supplies I used:

**paper is from Club Scrap, and the sparkly mat is from my stash.

**sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap's “National Parks” kit, stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Midnight Emerald EP from LindysStamp Gang.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “All That Jazz” kit.

**bling in the middle of the flower is from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a STUNNING card! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the "layered" stencils. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of stencils. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love seeing how you interpreted the assignment

    Diana
    MontanaHens - Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love all the techniques together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...