Monday, July 25, 2016

The Waves of Change

It’s week 8 of the Summer of Creative Chemistry. This week’s challenge is to use both Distress Inks and Embossing Powder to create a project. My card was inspired by the honu (turtles) that I watch playing in the waves on my beach walks:
Here are the supplies I used and a few details:

**paper is from Gina K Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**the background is the Brayered Stains Technique using Evergreen Bough, Broken China, Faded Jeans and Shabby Shutters Distress Stains.  I then stamped a “water” stamp from Seaside Stamping Ink using Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  Next I used a sponge ink tool to randomly swipe on some Distress Embossing Ink, sprinkled on some Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder and followed up with some Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter after heating the powder.

**the turtle is a stamp from Club Scrap (Castaway), stamped with Distress Embossing Ink, embossed with Sticky embossing powder, then covered with copper leaf from Art Minds (which I found at Michaels) and fussy cut.

**the sentiment is also a stamp from Club Scrap (Transformations), stamped with Distress Embossing Ink, and embossed with Hyacinth Blue Jade powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. The sentiment card is also edged with embossing ink, sticky powder and covered with the copper leaf.

**both the background and the sentiment card were cut out using Deckled Retangles dies from Spellbinders.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap (Boardwalk), altered with a Y11 Copic Marker.

**the brads are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...