Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Challenge with Alcohol…Inks

Who knew chemistry could be so much fun? Especially in the middle of summer? Of course, if my high school chemistry teacher taught me the "crafty kind" of chemistry, like Tim Holtz, and made it as much fun, I might not have slept through a lot of his class. 
The challenge for week 7 of Summer of Creative Chemistry is to do a project using alcohol ink. I am glad that I chose the Monoprint technique because I haven’t done it in a while and had forgotten how much fun it is. I made a card for my sister and brother-in-law’s 25th wedding anniversary:
Here are the supplies that I used:
**paper from Gina K Designs (base), Club Scrap, and Ranger Gloss Paper.

**Currant, Meadow, Denim and Silver Mixative Alcohol Inks.

**Jet Black Archival Ink.

**large tree stamp is from Club Scrap (Great Outdoors), smaller tree stamps are from I Break For Stamps (trees in valley, tree line). “Cheers” stamp is from Gina K Designs.

**Silver Club Scrap Ink, an old Creative Memories Precious Element gel pen, a Spellbinders die, and an old stencil from The Crafters Workshop were used for the sentiment tag (oh, plus a little of my own handwriting).

** A Fiskars Corner Edger (Blossom), which doesn’t seem to exist anymore, and ribbon from Club Scrap (Full Circle) were used to add extra interest.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...