Friday, June 29, 2018

Nautical Marbling

This month’s technique challenge over on the Club Scrap blog is to do some marbling.  Since I didn’t have the appropriate supplies to do any of the suggested techniques, I set about to see what I could do with what I have on hand.  Here is the card that I made:
I pulled out my gel printing plate, my brayer and three colors of Reeves Acrylic paints.  After laying down a few lines of the paints, I used my brayer to smooth them out and blend them a little.  Then using the best tool – my finger – I randomly smeared the paints a little more and pulled a print.

I used a spellbinders die to cut out an opening, then stamped an anchor from Club Scrap’s Bon Voyage kit onto the white cardstock underneath with VersaMark ink.  After embossing the image using Hermite powder from Club Scrap, I colored it in with a mix of Pewter Liquid Pearls and water.  I finished off the card with some paper cording that came with my Lavender Fields Club Scrap kit.

For me, this is a very CAS card…but it was a lot of fun to make!

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...