Monday, June 4, 2018

Water Colored Encouragement

It wasn’t too long ago that I discovered the Hero Arts Blog and their monthly challenges.  I decided to jump in for the current challenge – Watercolor.  This is not one of my go to mediums, but when I saw Jennifer McGuire’s video “Block Watercolor Stamping”, I wanted to give it a try.   Here is the card I made to donate to Card Care Connection:
I used Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral, Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress Ink on my stamp block for the background. Once the background had dried, I added the mountains stamped with the Dusty Concord ink and some of the grasses stamped with the Peeled Paint ink.  I tried stamping the mountain lion onto the scene, but it was a fail. So, I stamped it on another sheet using Tea Dye and Aged Mahogany Distress inks and cut it out using my Scan N Cut.  All of the stamps, including the sentiment, are from the “Color Layering Mountain Lion” set at Hero Arts.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap along with Ranger Watercolor Paper.

**The sentiment is on a tag cut out with a die from the Tim Holtz “Tag Collection”.  I did some partial cutting with my Big Shot to stretch the tag to fit the sentiment.

**The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed using Gina K. Designs Fine Detail White powder.

**The twine is waxed linen thread from Club Scrap.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. I really like the scene you have created here and the wonderful colors in your watercolor background. Thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...