Sunday, June 24, 2018

Wild Shades of Gray

I admit it – I like gray as an accent color, but it is not my go to for a main color.  That said, I couldn’t resist the Monthly Mix Challenge from Gina K. Designs.  After all, these challenges are supposed to help push us out of our comfort zone, right?  I made a birthday card for my brother-in-law:
The background is made with Slate, Terra Cotta and Gunmetal Alcohol inks.  The elephant and the sentiment stamps are both from an old Gina K. Designs set called “Wild About You” (sadly, it is no longer available).  I stamped and embossed the elephant, then colored it in with some Sassy Silver Glimmer Glaze from Tattered Angels. 

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**The sentiment was stamped using Pumpkin StazOn ink.

**The elephant was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink and embossed with Clear Gina K. Designs powder.

**The elephant’s tusks are colored in with Picket Fence Distress Marker.

**The “Bling Stickers” are from Recollections.  They are altered with the Gunmetal Alcohol Ink.

**The ribbon is upcycled.

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...