Friday, June 1, 2018

Turning Negative into Positive

I've been told that it is good practice to turn a negative into a positive whenever possible.  That seems to be getting harder to do, at least if you pay any attention to media (both social and main stream).   But, I have determined that it can be an easy task when making cards when you use a die.  Here is an example:
I needed to make a somewhat quick thank you card so I pulled out THIS die by Stephanie Bernard for Sizzix.  I used it to cut an art orphan that had been covered in Cosmic Brown Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (it had been an experiment gone wrong.).  Before taking everything out of the die, I covered the whole thing with a piece of Press N Seal from my kitchen.   I pulled off the main piece, then used the Press N Seal to flip over the remaining pieces so I could add glue to them.  Once they all had the glue, I just placed a piece of card stock over them and pressed to adhere.  I did spread a coat of Glue N Seal (which is now Distress Collage Medium) over the whole panel to help make sure the pieces won’t come off.

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**Flowers are from my stash (a mix of Prima, Recollections and I’m not sure) and are altered with B99 and R59 Copic Markers.

**The blue ribbon is from Club Scrap, altered with the B99 Copic Marker. The red ribbon is upcycled.

I am linking this to the Simon Says Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge for this week. If you have time you should go check out all the fun projects!

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!! I love bringing experiments gone wrong back to life in an entirely different project. Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...