Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summertime Fun Birthday

Here’s hoping everyone is having a fun summer!  I can’t believe that we are into July already.  I did have fun making this Summer-y card for the “Summertime Fun” challenge over on the Hero Arts blog:
I recently did a background using my gel printing plate, Reeves Acrylic paints and a brayer.  (You can see the results HERE). The background for this card was created with the “leftover” paint on my brayer.  The hibiscus flowers are layered stamps from Hero Arts that are stamped with Distress inks (see colors below) and cut out using my Scan N Cut (although Hero Arts does offer matching dies with this set).

Other supplies I used are:

**Paper from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**Distress ink colors are Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint.

**The sentiment is from Hero Arts, stamped with VersaMark ink, and embossed with Red Hot Gina K. Designs powder.

**The frame around the sentiment is a die from Gina K. Designs (no longer available).

To see more of my creations, you can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great card and I love the background with these pretty flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Karen Bull, a design team member with A Blog Named Hero. This is such a beautiful birthday card. Thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright bold and beautiful! I love the colors you chose for these beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...