Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mojo Monday Graduation Card

I am fairly new to the Mojo Monday Blog…but I’m sorry I didn’t find it sooner! Every week they come up with a new sketch challenge. Looking back over some of their sketches, they have some great ideas on their site. I decided to play along with this week's sketch challenge to make a graduation card for my nephew. This is the sketch:

And this is my card:
Supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K (base), BoBunny "Very Vintage 6x6 Pad" (background), my scrap pile (sentiment strip).

**background was dry embossed with a folder from Cuttlebug, swiped with Tsukneko Brilliance “Galaxy Gold” ink, then embossed with Zing “Clear” embossing powder.

**sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap “Mosaic Twist” (unfortunately no longer available), stamped with Distress “Fired Brick” ink, embossed with Gina K “Clear” Fine Detail embossing powder.

**Tim Holtz Idea-ologyDeco Sheets were used for the stars (die cut using Sizzix Alterations "Stacked Stars” die, and the chevron border (die cut using Taylored Expressions “Chevron Borders”die).

**the stars were altered using Copic markers Y15, YR23 & YR27

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap “Up, Up & Away” (again, no longer available).

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the stars. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...