Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Club Scrap’s Creative License Blog Hop

Can you believe that it is almost the end of May already? I wish I could figure out how to slow down time so I could have more time to play, enjoy the fun things and still get the “have to’s” done. But, instead of figuring that out, I came up with a project using my Club Scrap Lite Creative License kit.

The very first Club Scrap retreat I attended was in August 2008. We were asked to make a 6x6 page about ourselves as a mixer swap. I came home with several cool pages from new friends, but nothing to store them in. So, I went out to buy a little 6x6 post bound album. Fast forward to the present. I decided that I didn’t want that store bought book on my shelf anymore, so I made myself an album for those swap pages:
For the bones of the book I used some scrap foam core and Tim Holtz Idea-ology ring binder that I had on hand. I covered it using the back of the gunmetal print and the plain yellow paper from my Lite kit. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I am a bit of a rebel, and this project is more proof. I decided that I wanted a slightly different color scheme than what came in the kit. So I added some ribbon from CS “Reunion” (unfortunately no longer available). I then took the chrome paper that came with my kit, altered it with Cranberry, Poppyfield and Silver Mixative Alcohol Ink. The sentiment is from CS "Celebrate" Jumbo Unmounted stamp set, and was stamped with Jet Black Archival ink. I used my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (Scallop) to add interest to both the chrome piece, and the gunmetal mat.

The bottlecaps were an extra goodie this month. I altered them with Black Soot Distress Paint. I stamped an image from the CS "Celebrate" Jumbo Unmounted stamp set using Wildberry Palette ink (I've had it quite awhile, not sure if it's still available), then punched them out with a 1 inch circle punch. I added a Dazzle sticker to each, glued them into the caps, popped in the epoxy circles and added them to the cover of my book.

Here is a quick peek at the inside of the book:
The hardest part of this project for me was figuring out all of the measurements needed. Maybe it’s because math has never been my strength. I have gained a new appreciation for the Club Scrap project designers who supply those numbers, and often even the pre-cut pieces, in my little project packets. Thank you for doing the hard part for me!  I am looking forward to see what kinds of projects we’ll be doing at this year's August Club Scrap Retreat.

Need some good inspiration?  Go check out the rest of the Creative License Blog Hop here!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. This is a delightful project Rose and I have done something similar with all my swap pages from Retreat. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like you did a perfect job on this lovely mini album project, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! I love the Swap pages idea! Fun way to keep them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book, Rose,for keeping all those lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on your album! What a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great album! I love the bottle cap embellishments. Perfect! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job with project. Seems like you got everything figured out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose! Look forward to seeing you at the August retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...