Sunday, May 15, 2016

Another Mojo Monday Grad Card

The nice thing about linking to the Mojo Monday weekly challenge is that you don’t have to do it on Monday! As soon as I saw this week’s sketch I started getting the idea for a graduation card for another of my nephews. It just took me awhile to put the plan in motion.  The sketch this week looks like this:
My nephew is graduating from UW Milwaukee with a mechanical engineering degree, so this is what I came up with for his card:
The supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K (base), and Club Scrap.

**the middle layer is a piece of Ranger Foil tape sheet wrapped around a scrap piece of card stock, embossed with the Sizzix Alterations "Diamond Plate" folder, and painted with "Black Soot" Distress Paint, then wiped with a paper towel.

**stamps are all Club Scrap (gears are from the “Time Of Your Life” kit, and the cap and sentiment are from a stamp set called “Graduation”)

**”Black Soot” Distress ink  was used for stamping the gears and sentiment, VersaMark ink and “Hermatite” EP (an extra “goodie” in the Club Scrap kit “Tribal”) were used on the cap.

**the ribbon is upcycled, altered with Copic Marker YR23.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Totally fun grad card!! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love that you were able to customize it to your nephews degree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...