Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Masculine Birthday Card

I agree with Sylvia over at Gina K’s Stamp TV.  It is not easy for me to make a masculine themed card. I try to blame that on the fact that I don’t have enough supplies that have a masculine feel. But then I start looking through my stamps or stencils and realize that I can’t use that excuse. I guess my brain just doesn’t go that direction very easily. Since Father’s Day is approaching, plus I know several men having birthdays over the next few months, this week’s challenge to make “Cards for Men” on Stamp TV was just what I needed. Here is the card I made for my brother-in-law’s birthday:
The images are all from the Gina K Designs “Wild About You” set, stamped onto a piece of wood veneer that I found in my stash (not sure where it came from). The tree and grasses were stamped with “Olive” Archival Ink.  The giraffe was stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with ”Chestnut” Zing embossing powder.  Then things got tricky. I started by coloring in the giraffe using “Wild Honey” Distress Ink mixed with “Bisque” Liquid Pearls and a little bit of water. I wasn’t totally happy with how it turned out, so I added a light layer of “Sundance” Smooch Ink, spreading it thin with my finger. Since the spots got covered up by all that ink, I used Copic Marker E59 to fill them in again. 

The other supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K (base, and layering weight), and Club Scrap.

**”Vintage Photo” Distress ink was used to distress three edges of the wood vaneer, along with Copic Marker E37 on the torn edge.

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Gratitude” kit (unfortunately no longer available), altered with Copic Marker YR24.

**the button was found in my stash, altered with “Olive” Archival Ink.

The inside of the card is stamped with “Have a wild birthday” (from the same Gina K stamp set).

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful masculine card! Isn't it fun when we find new uses for our stamps! You made a wonderful card for your brother in law.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...