Friday, May 13, 2016

Faux Patina Technique Challenge

Anne Marie came up with this month’s technique challenge over on the Club Scrap blog. Her beautiful project uses Faux Patina done on paper which is the technique she challenged us to use. After a little research, and an inventory of supplies to see what I could use, here is what I came up with:
I used this die cut piece along with two others using the faux patina on this layout:
The faux patina was created on a few scrap pieces of card stock using “Mowed Lawn” and “Salty Ocean” Distress Ink and “Copper Foil” embossing powder from Club Scrap. The border strip is cut using a die from Clearly Besotted, the starfish and the compass are dies from Cherry Lynn Designs.

Other supplies I used to complete the layout are:

**background paper from Club Scrap’s “Come Sail Away” kit

**the sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap’s “Castaway” kit (altered by using masks and MISTI), stamped with VersaMark ink, embossed using the “Copper Foil” embossing powder from CS.

**I’m not sure where I got the journal card from, but I altered it with “Sapphire” and “Leaf” Club Scrap ink.

Unfortunately, most of the Club Scrap supplies that I used are no longer available, but all of their newer kits and supplies can be found here and are definitely worth checking out!  

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Rose! The faux patina looks amazing on the compass rose. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of the faux patina! The little wave die cut really ties things together. I think I have some of that copper foil embossing powder, I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this layout turned out Rose, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page! Love how the embellishments turned out!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...