Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Father’s Day x 2

Ok, I might have gone a little unconventional for my Father’s Day cards this year. But, since we now live in Hawaii, and both my Dad and my Father-In-Law have enjoyed living over here in the past, I thought they might appreciate a little “cultural” influence. I followed the Mojo Monday sketch for this week which looks like this:
Here is my take:
I created the background by using Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Stain on watercolor paper (one is Strathmore, the other is Ranger). Once that dried, I used a “Harlequin” stencil form My Favorite Things and some Walnut ink spray (Java) from Tsukineko to create the pattern.

The focal image is a “Tiki Torch” stencil from Rubber Stamp Plantation. I mixed some Fired Brick Distress Ink, a little Forever Red Perfect Pearls and a little water, then pounced it onto the stencil using a blending foam applicator. It created a cool shimmer effect.

The other supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K (base), and Club Scrap.

**the sentiment stamp is also from Rubber Stamp Plantation, stamped with Club Scrap Black India ink.

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Expressions” kit (unfortunately no longer available) .

**the heart was die cut out of the middle black layer using a Taylored Expressions die, than “painted” with a mixture of Forever Red Perfect Pearls and a little water.

The “Tiki Torch” stencil has a border of tiki torches that I didn’t use for the focal image, but I thought it would be fun to use on the front of the envelopes:
I just pounced on Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick and Ground Espresso Distress Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such cool cards. Love the warm colors. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...