Monday, March 30, 2015

OWH Sketch Challenge - #251

Good afternoon!  It is new sketch week over at Operation Write Home.  They are up to #251.  This week's sketch looks like this:
I made a thank you card to send personally:
 
The strips are cut from a tag that I made at a Club Scrap Retreat workshop last summer.  It was my first experience using a Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate, and I can tell you that we used some acrylic paint, but that is about all I remember about the supplies used for that.  The supplies I used to finish the rest of the card are:

**paper from Gina K, Club Scrap and SEI
**I think the sentiment stamp came in a kit from some class I took a long time ago, but I don't remember who was the sponsor (or even what the class was!).
**sentiment stamped with Tsukineko Brilliance ink, then embossed using Gina K clear powder
**dies are from Spellbinders
**Copic Markers used to color the bottom layer of the sentiment tag
**ribbon is upcycled, eyelet flower from Club Scrap, and brads (I believe) are from We R Memory Keepers.

Since this was such a quick and easy sketch, I also made a thank you card to send along to OWH:
This one uses another tag made at the Club Scrap Retreat.  I can tell you that the stencils used with the Gelli Plate are from Club Scrap.  I used one of the stencils along with Distress ink to create some interest on the background paper.  Other supplies I used are:

**paper from Gina K and Club Scrap
**stamp from Inkadinkado
**VersaMark and Distress ink, Zing embossing powder
**ribbon from Club Scrap
**label die from Spellbinders
**not sure what brand the nail heads are, but got them at JoAnn's a while back.

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Great way to put those pretty tags you made to use and I really like how you adjusted the sketch on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be making tags at a craft retreat! Looks like your time was well spent. Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...