Sunday, March 15, 2015

One Card - Two Challenges

Hello again!  Two blog posts in two days...it is amazing that I had that much creative time.  I'm not complaining though!  It has felt good to be in my scraproom playing with my supplies.  And, there have been some fun challenges to help spur on my creativity.  Today's card will be submitted to two different challenges.

Operation Write Home is hosting their 250th sketch challenge. Wow, now that is a lot of inspiration. You can find all of their sketches here.  Go check them out - there are some really fun ideas in that bunch!  And over at Club Scrap, they are starting up a monthly technique challenge on their blog.  This month's challenge is to use multiple ink colors on a single stamp, stamp with Gelatos and water, or stamp with markers (or any combination of the three).   

So, I took the OWH sketch:
and made this card:
Since I don't own any Gelatos, I used Faber Castell and Stampin' Up water color crayons to color directly on the butterfly stamp (Club Scrap, "Papillion" kit).  Then I sprayed a light mist of water on it, and stamped onto my paper.  After fussy cutting it out, I used some Stickles to give it the glittery look.  I can do the glitter because I will be sending this out personally, not donating it to OWH.  They have very strict guidelines that need to be followed to keep our heroes safe.  The background is done with various Glimmer Mist sprays.  

Other supplies I used are:
**paper from Club Scrap
**stamps from Club Scrap - background (on circle) "Vogue", sentiment from "Pure & Simple"
**dies from Spellbinders
**Gina K ink on circle, VersaFine ink for sentiment
**Gina K embossing powder on sentiment.

Please check out some of my other blog posts.  If you like what you see, you can sign up to "Follow by Email" and receive email notifications whenever I post.

Thanks for stopping by! 





5 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card and great use of the sketch ! So "springy" and I'm sure quite shimmery in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright & cheery card. I love how you used the watercolor crayons. I have the big set that came in the tin when they were first released and never use them, looks like I should pull them out and dust them off. thanks for sharing~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,

    What a pretty card! Love that gorgeous butterfly.

    Thanks so much for playing along with our OWH Sketch Challenge. And, thanks for reminding folks about the OWH no-glitter rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly is gorgeous...well done with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love it - thanks for taking up the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...