Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 2

Ok, so one of the things I like about the Online Card Classes like Stretch Your Dies is that I don't have to be online at a certain time each day to follow along.  The OCC people, Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner generously allow life time access to the classes once you pay your fees.  The interactive parts are only open for a set amount of time, but it is great to be able to revisit the videos anytime for refreshers, or, as is my case, to finish the class when life lets you.

That said, I have completed some cards using the techniques taught on Day 2 of the Stretch Your Dies class and since the gallery is still open I thought I would share.

This one is my favorite:
This uses "Die Cuts Within Larger Die" technique.  I have to admit that I liked doing this until I got to the part where I had to add dimensional adhesive to all those little flower petals.  At that point I was thinking that I would never do this again!  However, after I saw the final results, I think I will end up doing it again...the extra effort was so worth the results!

The supplies I used are:
**paper from Club Scrap and Strathmore (Watercolor paper)
**the circle die is from Spellbinders and the flower dies are Heartfelt Creations
**Distress re-inkers for the flowers, Distress ink for the sentiment 
**sentiment stamp from Taylored Expressions
**Zing clear embossing powder (on the sentiment)
**the crepe paper was left over from a class project I took a long time ago (don't even remember the project any more).  I altered the silver color with Copic Marker.
**ribbon is from Club Scrap  

I also made cards using the other two techniques taught on day 2:

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...