Saturday, March 14, 2015

OWH - March OBDB Challenge

Happy almost spring!  At least I hope it is almost here.  Life has been pretty crazy around here and the extra cold and wintry weather hasn't helped much.

Over on the Operation Write Home blog, Our Daily Bread Designs is hosting their monthly challenge.  For march the theme is Sentiments.  Basically we should use a sentiment as the focal point of the card.   As usual, if there are 50 cards linked up for the challenge, ODBD will pay shipping for two boxes of cards to be sent to our heroes serving overseas.  I just think that is so cool!

Anyway, here is my card for the challenge:
I learned the background technique from my Club Scrap Retreat-in-a-Box back in 2009.  (If you can't make it to either of their annual retreats in Wisconsin, you have the option of having the workshop projects, and goodies sent to you.  How convenient is that?)  I remembered how much fun it is when I recently saw this Metallic Marvels Ghosting Technique blog from Club Scrap (thanks for the reminder Julie!).

The supplies I used for this card are:
**paper from Gina K and Club Scrap
**background stamp from Heartfelt Creations, sentiment stamp from Stamp Oasis
**Club Scrap metallic re-inkers, VersaMark and Powder Puff inks
**embossing powder from Club Scrap
**polka-dotted ribbon (running diagonally) from Club Scrap, altered with Copic Markers, green ribbon from Taylored Expressions
**I am not sure where the eyelet (or is it a grommet?) and the "gems" are from.

Thank you for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS background to show off that lovely sentiment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rose! I need to remember what we did on that technique. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...