Monday, January 11, 2016

Club Scrap Jan. Technique Challenge - Origami Folded Elements

Hello and Happy New Year!

After moving from Virginia to Hawaii last year, then getting settled into our new home, followed by the holidays, I am so excited to be spending time in my scrap space again!  The time away from all my crafty toys and goodies lasted far too long.  Yes, I did do a lot of painting in the new house, but it is just not the same as playing with paper and getting my fingers inky.

When I saw the Club Scrap January Technique Challenge I decided I was going to jump right in.  Since I had a scrapbook layout already in the works, I just changed things up a bit to include some Origami Folded Elements and here is what I came up with:


I got the idea for the Origami stars from Julie's CS Blog post, which led me to here where I found easy to follow directions.  I used some scrap vellum, coloring the two smaller stars with Distress Stain (Tarnished Brass) first.

Here is a list of the other supplies I used:
**all paper is from Club Scrap except the strip across the top which is Graphic 45.
**I inked the embossed background paper with Tsukneko Brilliance ink in Galaxy Gold.
**the fleur-de-lis is cut out from a CS "Moroccan Spice" cut-a-part, the journal card is from CS "Scholarship".
**the title stickers are from Thickers, and I think came in the CS "Just Dandy" kit.

Mahalo for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. The origami stars are perfect for this layout, a great finishing touch. Thanks for playing along, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! What?! I am so jealous! Of course t!m is a star and those origami stars look fantastic on this LO! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...