Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Club Scrap “Celebrations”


For me, one of the hardest parts of any paper crafting project is making decisions.  What papers should I use?  What kind of design?  What technique should I try on this one?  That is one reason that I like to find any kind of challenge to get me started.

I wanted to make some cards to donate to the Lasting Hearts card drive which I found out about on Jennifer Mcguire’s blog.   They are collecting cards and donations for mothers who have had a miscarriage.  While the theme of this month’s Club Scrap “Celebrate” kit doesn’t exactly pair well with the theme of the card drive, I hope I managed to create some cards that might at least let someone know that people care. 

I started with the circle cut-aparts from the Lite kit, found some OWH sketches to use (specifically sketch numbers 52, 74, 141, 152) and went on from there.  All the paper is from Club Scrap…

**The background was embossed using a folder from The Paper Studio, then inked with CS Metallic Silver ink. The sentiment stamp and the ribbon are from CS “Seaside”, the sparkly stickers are Dazzles and the brad is from my stash.

 **I covered up the center of the circle cut-apart with some of the sparkle paper cut with a Spellbinders circle die, then colored with a copic marker.  The sentiment stamp is from CS “Seaside”.  The chipboard butterfly is from Recollections, covered with embossing powder (I did it a while ago, so I don’t remember which powders I used).  I also added some Dazzle stickers and upcycled ribbon.

**I again used the embossing folder from The Paper Studio on the backgrounds.  The oval was cut using a “We R Memory Keepers” die, then cut in half.  “A hug 4U” is from CS “Gratitude”.  The “thinking of you” sentiment is a sticker from my stash. Red ribbon is upcycled, black ribbon is from CS “Cinema”. I sprayed the red circle with Iridescent Memories Mist and added some Dazzles to the other so they would have some sparkle.

**The background is a stamp from CS “Tilescapes”.  The chipboard flower is from Recollections and again covered with EP (but don’t remember which one for this either).  The brads are from my stash.


Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. OH Rose, your cards are lively and are certainly going to brighten someone's day. What a lovely idea to donate them to this very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cause and such great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cause to create for! These cards are beautiful with wonderful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful cause. I think you did a great job altering Celebrate to be appropriate for the card drive. The recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards AND the cause! Thanks for joining the Celebrate linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great cards,Rose.Love how you used all the circles for main focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all of these. The embossing folders really dress things up, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful upbeat cards for such a great cause! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...