Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Gina K Weekly Challenge – “Let’s Have Some Color”

Hi!  I am so excited that I am finding my creative mojo again!  This week’s Gina K Challenge is to use three colors, Orange, Green & Blue.  I put them together to make this card for a friend:


  
I followed this sketch from Operation Write Home’s website.  (Even though the organization is no longer in business, they have kept the creative content on their site for all to use.  You should check it out!)  

For the banners, I stamped an image from the Elegant Elegance set onto Ranger Water Color Paper using VersaMark ink, then embossed it with white Zing embossing powder.  I used Distress Stains to add the color.  The background was stamped with the background from the Frame and Filler set and the sentiment is from Happy Birthday Duo.

The other supplies I used are:
**paper from Gina K, Club Scrap, Ranger
**Distress stain colors are:  Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass
**background stamped with Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade), sentiment stamped with Gina K (Charcoal Brown)
**I used a square die from Spamplistic to make the banner shape, the sentiment tag was cut with a Spellbinders die.
**ribbon is from Gina K


Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic, I love your banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fantastic, I love your banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the design! Great Job!!
    - Keri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...