Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Kindness in Two Parts

This month, Gina K. Designs has a two part Monthly Mix Challenge.   The first part is to make a card that reflects Kindness. Here is what I came up with:
The background was a letterpress technique using an old embossing plate from Spellbinders and Turquoise Sea ink from Gina K. Designs.  The focal image was stamped with VersaMark ink onto a scrap piece of glossy cardstock that was covered with Mountain Rose (no longer available), Peach Belini, Salmon, and Pearl Mixative Alcohol Ink.  It was then embossed with Midnight Copper EP from Lindy’s Stamp Gang and fussy cut.

Other supplies I used are:

**Card stock from Gina K. Designs and Club Scrap.

**Focal image stamp and sentiment stamp are both from the Gina K. Designs “Gifts from the Sea” stamp set.

**Sentiment was stamped with Gina K. Designs Ivory ink, then embossed with Terra Cotta EP from Ranger.

**the ribbon is from Club Scrap (Lagoon).

**the focal image is on a die cut from a die set that I got free with my Genius Ultimate Platform a number of years back.

Part two of the Monthly Mix Challenge is to actually send the Kindness card.  Mine will be added into the next box that I send to Card Care Connection…an organization that collects handmade cards to be used to send uplifting and motivational messages to cancer patients.

EDIT:  I totally forgot to give credit to Nancy Kirk at this blog for the design inspiration for my card.  Thanks Nancy!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...