Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Color Blocking

There is a Color Bocking Linky Party going on over on the Club Scrap Blog!  The technique also is one of the Club Scrap Challenges on their forum.  While there are many options to achieve the color block look, I went with a pretty basic one to create this masculine birthday card:
I first stamped the gears (from Club Scrap’s Time of Your Life kit) with VersaMark and embossed with Silver Zing embossing powder.  I then masked off one quadrant at a time and sponged on Club Scrap ink in Spruce, Sapphire, Amethyst and Ash.  After making a mask for the gears, I used a Club Scrap stencil and some Translucent Embossing Paste from Dreamweaver to add a little texture and shine.  After all of that, my gears seemed to be getting a little lost, so I colored in the open ones with an old silver Precious Element pen from Creative Memories.

The sentiment tag was die cut out of a scrap piece of chipboard using a Taylored Expressions die that is no longer available.  I followed this tutorial by Jennifer McGuire to create a faux metallic looking tag using Charcoal and Silver Zing Embossing Powders.

Other supplies I used are:

**All the card stock is from Club Scrap.

**ribbon is from Club Scrap ((Cape Cod).

**Nail head brads from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cool technique. I actually thought this was all sorts of papers layered together. Great job with the masking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought they were different papers. I just tried this masking technique for color blocking and loved it! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and tutorial. Really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome masking job, and love the resist on the gears! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...