Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A different kind of “Surprise”

I have been hearing the song “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man on the radio.  One of my favorite lines in the song is “I’m a rebel just for kicks now”.  I kind of like to think of myself that way.  My contribution to Club Scrap’s Monthly Blog Hop and Linky Party is a good example of why.
The January kit from Club Scrap, called “Surprise”, has kind of a birthday theme to it.  So, because I’m a rebel, I did a layout about Sea Life Park (a local attraction here on Oahu).  Makes perfect sense, right? Here is what it looks like:
Most of the supplies came with my Surprise Lite kit.  I also followed the Club Scrap Page formula for January (a really cool feature that you get as a Club Scrap member).  To make it look less “birthday-ish”, I turned the white papers so that you couldn’t see the cupcakes at the bottom.  I then added some extra color (because I am not a big fan of white) using the Ball Chain stencil from Fun Stampers Journey with Club Scrap’s Peridot ink and Blueprint Sketch Distress ink.

Here is a list of the supplies I used that didn't come from my kit:

**The dolphin was cut with my ScanNCut using an SVG file from Miss Kate’s Cuttables.  The turtle was cut using a die from Die-Versions (that is no longer available).

**I added texture to the turtle using part of a stencil from Club Scrap’s Serenity kit (no longer available), some Ivory ink from Gina K. Designs and Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s Terra Cotta Rust embossing powder.

**Both the dolphin and the turtle were covered with Sparkle Silk from Fun Stampers Journey to add some shimmer.

**The “Seas the day” sentiment is from the Club Scrap “Lagoon” kit.  It was stamped with Distress Embossing ink and embossed using Zing White powder.

**I added some interest to the three blue strips used for the title, the sentiment and under the turtle using a stencil from The Crafters Workshop and Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

**The enamel dots came with my "Scandinavian" Club Scrap kit.  I altered the color with R27 Copic marker.

**The little starfish came with my “Lagoon” kit from Club Scrap.  I altered them using Watermelon Alcohol Ink.

You can check out all of the great projects on the blog hop HERE.  You also can follow me on Instagram at #inkyscraps to see more of my creations.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages and super background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sea Life Park photos on the Surprise Paper makes perfect sense to me too, ha. Nice combination and great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all these photos on one layout. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...