Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Orchard Wreath


Can you believe it is the end of September?   If anyone knows how to slow down time, you could make a fortune by sharing that trick!  The end of the month means it is time for the Club Scrap Monthly Blog Hop and Linky Party!

While looking through the tutorials at SplitcoastStampers I found a cool wreath card made from a pine needle die.  I don’t have a die like that, but I decided I like the wreath idea.   So, after looking at what dies I do have, I used my Orchard Lite supplies to make this:
It was actually pretty easy to put together, just a little time consuming.   I started by using my Creative Memories Cutting System to cut a wreath shape out of chipboard.   I covered it front and back with paper.  Then I put my BigShot to work.  I used the “Leafy Branch” die from Taylored Expressions along with the similar but smaller branch die from this Taylored Expressions die set to cut out many “branches” of both sizes out of various colors of the Orchard papers.   I inked all of the edges using either Mowed Lawn Distress Ink or Ruby ink from Club Scrap.  I also added some “veins” using the really cool white gel pen that came with my kit.

After placing a layer of the smaller branches around the base, I added a layer of the larger branches, alternating between the four colors I had cut.  I then filled in some of the gaps with more of the smaller branches.  That whole process was made easier by using my handy-dandy needle-tipped applicator filled with bookbinding glue (both from Club Scrap).

I stamped a sentiment from Club Scrap’s Blossom kit (no longer available) onto one of the chalkboard stakes included in my kit using Club Scrap’s Parchment Pigment ink.  I also altered the stake using Wild Honey and Dried Marigold Distress Stains.   I finished off the wreath with a bow made from some of the ribbon included in my kit, and some “gems” from a past Club Scrap kit (I’m sorry that I don’t remember which one) altered with YR04 Copic Marker.

Wishing all of you a cool and crisp autumn!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...