Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shimmery Christmas

I recently discovered the Freshly Made Sketches blog and decided to give this week’s sketch a try.  As an extra challenge (especially for me), we are asked to keep our project “clean-lined and fresh”.  Here is this week’s sketch:
Here is my interpretation:
The panel behind the tree started out as a blue piece of cardstock.  I covered it with some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Frosted Film (which sadly doesn’t seem to be available anymore), then pounced it with Botanical, Honeycomb, Stream and Gold Mixative alcohol ink.

I also wanted to join in the Simon Says Stamps Monday “Shimmer and Shine” Challenge, so I used some gold silk screen paper that was hancrafted by Women co-operatives in Nepal.  I found a pack of it at Paper Source in Brookfield, WI.  I also used some Honey Gold Nuvo Glitter Drops on the tree (which didn’t show up very well on the picture) and to create my own embellishment “dots”.

Other supplies I used are:

**The papers are from Gina K Designs, and Club Scrap.

**The Christmas tree stamp is from Taylored Expressions, the sentiment stamp is from Gina K. Designs.  Both were stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Gold Zing powder.

**the fiber is from Club Scrap’s “Shades of Winter” kit.

**the star brad is from my stash, altered with Copic Marker YR14.  I also used Mowed Lawn Distress Marker to edge the "joy" flag to give it a little more definition.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your rich greens and gold are such an elegant combo for Christmas! So perfect for the "joy" sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! I think I would've also struggled with "clean-lined and fresh," but you absolutely nailed it! I love not only the finished product, but the stories behind its components and your creative process. I love that the gold paper came from Nepal! You've combined global and traditional elements so perfectly here with just the right amount of shimmer and shine! Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring project with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...