Sunday, September 17, 2017

Make Me Smile

I bought a big roll of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Frosted Film a long time ago.   I loved the idea of it at the time, but it has just sat on my shelf because I wasn’t quite sure how to actually use it.   Recently I stumbled upon THIS post on the Classroom blog at Ellen Hutson.  I gave the technique a try and fell in love!  The sad thing is, I’m not sure the Frosted Film is being sold anywhere anymore.  Good thing I have a lot left!  Here a couple of background panels I made with some alcohol inks and Frosted Film:
I turned both of the backgrounds  into cards.  The first one I made for the Rubbernecker Stamps “Make Me Smile” challenge:
The background started with a piece of dark blue cardstock covered with the Frosted Film.  I then pounced on Watermelon, Sunset Orange, Citrus and Pearl Mixative Alcohol Inks.  I altered a scrap piece of silver velum using some Oregano Alcohol Ink, stamped the sentiment with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed with Primary Burgundy Red powder from WOW.  (My apologies – I’ve had that sentiment stamp a long time and don’t know where it is from).

The butterfly image is a two part stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps, stamped on another scrap piece of velum.  I used Wildberry ink from Palette and Topaz ink from Club Scrap on the solid “watercolor” part of the stamp. For the outline, I first stamped with Forest Moss Distress Ink then again with Distress Embossing Ink (the MISTI is great for double stamping!).  I then embossed using Oakleaf Olive powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.  When all that was done, I fussy cut the image and used some Multi Medium Matte glue to glue it on to the card.  That is one aspect about the Frosted Film that I’m not crazy about – only a good liquid adhesive will work when attaching something to it.

I also make a quick Christmas card with the other panel:
I used a variety of alcohol ink colors on this background, but I’m afraid that I didn’t write the colors down.  The tree is a die from Taylored Expressions, and the sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Christmas Joy stamp set.

Other supplies I used are:

**The base papers are from Gina K Designs, all others are from Club Scrap

**Majestic Purple Liquid Pearls used as “ornaments” on the Christmas tree.

**Midnight Blue StazOn Ink used to stamp the Christmas sentiment.

**The fibers and eyelets are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...