Wednesday, October 25, 2017

"Scandinavian" Perpetual Calendar

If you have read my blog before, you know that I have mentioned many times how fast time is going by.  I’ve decided to try to do something about it this time.  I followed this tutorial that I found on SplitcoastStampers and used my Club Scrap Scandinavia Lite Kit to make a perpetual calendar:
It was pretty easy to put together.  Instead of stamping the numbers, I used the Alpha stencils from Club Scrap.  I inked them using Ash Club Scrap Hybrid Ink, traced them with a black marker to add definition, inked again with VersaMark ink then used Oakleaf Olive embossing powder from Lindy’s Stamp Gang to emboss.  The tags were cut out using a Label Stacklets 3 die from Taylored Expressions, and edged with a metallic gold Faber Castell Pitt pen.

Most of the supplies I used came from my Scandinavia Lite kit.  The little owl and the “one awesome day” tag were cut out of a couple of the cut-a-part embellishments included in the kit.  The sparkle dots were also included, but you can purchase them separately here.  I didn’t have the correct size jump rings, so I used some loop rings I had left over from making wine charms a long time ago.

I’m thinking that if I don’t turn the numbers every day, maybe time will slow down?!?  I know…I won’t hold my breath.

If you find yourself with a few extra minutes, go check out the Club Scrap blog hop featuring this months Scandinavia kit.  You just might be inspired!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a grand perpetual calendar and this is such a good kit for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love it, the perpetual calendar is such an adorable idea, great use of the number stencils too. Nice!! I need to make one soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this Rose!! Such a beautiful way to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to use the number stencils! Beautiful calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...