Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Playing in the Garden

Anyone who knows me is laughing right now.  My extremely brown thumbs prevent me from doing much in a garden other than enjoying the beauty of it – if it belongs to someone else. Club Scrap must not have known that little fact because they still sent me my “Garden Shed” kit this month. I did have fun playing with this kit to make a set of eight cards (or two sets of 4…I haven’t decided yet) for the monthly Blog Hop and Linky Party.
I dug out my Assembly Line Cardmaking Idea Deck (Vol. 2) and a bunch of other fun supplies and spent some time playing. 

For the first four cards, I used the cutting formula from the Ace of Clubs card:
For the other four I used the cutting formula from the Ace of Diamonds card:
To keep this post short, I won’t bore you with the details, but I will tell you that all of the paper and the ribbon came from my Garden Shed Lite kit. Other supplies I used are:

**stencil from Club Scrap “Dahlia” and “Twin Tags”.

**stamps from Club Scrap “Dahlia” , “Weathered Florals”, “National Parks”, “Navigation” “Peacock”, “Transformations” and “Blossom”.
.
**Earth, Topaz and Spruce Club Scrap ink, and Distress Embossing ink.

**Forest Green Glimmer Mist (no longer available), Cornflower Blue Mica Spray and Golden Sleigh Bells Starburst Spray from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**Dreamweaver Pearlescent Embossing Paste (mixed with the Topaz and Spruce inks)

**Mustard and Butter Zing  embossing powder, Clear Gina K Designs Fine Detail embossing powder and Midnight Teal Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powder.

**Ocean Soul and Gold Lame Smooch Ink.

**Lucky Clover Distress Marker.

**”studs” from Simplicity (found at JoAnn, altered with Copic marker #YR23), bee and dragon fly brads and gems are from my stash.

DISCLAIMER - no living plants of any kind were harmed in any way during the making of these cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Great cards Rose! Love how you melded other kits with Garden Shed for some very unique cards! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose these cards are so gorgeous, love the mash up of Dahlia and Garden Shed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a nice bunch of cool classy greeting cards, nice!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy and chic! I love the embossing paste! Might have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...