Saturday, October 15, 2016

Embossing Technique Challenge

I am a “technique” junkie, so I love Club Scrap’s monthly Technique Challenge. This month’s challenge is to dry emboss something.  I decided to try out a new (to me) technique and came up with this card:
My background was done using the “Resist and Reveal” technique found on the “Emboss or Die” CD from Technique Junkies. The patterned paper is from Club Scrap’s “Garden Shed” kit. (If you look closely, you can see the pattern on the bamboo.) I used a brayer to spread Distress Embossing Ink onto the raised portion of a bamboo embossing folder from Darice, ran it through my BigShot, and covered it with clear powder from WOW. After heating it, I sponged on Sapphire Club Scrap ink.

The other supplies I used are:

**all the paper is from Club Scrap.

**sentiment stamp is from Club Scrap “Moroccan Spice” (I split the sentiment – inside it says “ but younger than tomorrow”), stamped with Sapphire Club Scrap ink. 

**The focal die is from GEO, the bamboo dies near the sentiment are from Spellbinders (“Scruffy Panda”)

**ribbon came with my Club Scrap “The Blues” kit.

**the bamboo near the sentiment was colored with Copic Marker YG99

**the brad is from my stash, altered with Copic Marker (but I don’t remember which color).

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how this turned out! Thanks for joining us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...