Tuesday, September 6, 2016

It’s snowing?!?

I live in Hawaii, so you can rest assured that it is not snowing here, especially in early September! But, this week’s challenge over on Gina K’s Stamp TV is to make a Christmas card with snow on it. Here is what I came up with:
The focal image background is a new (to me) technique that I learned from Julie Ebersol on this video. I used Lagoon, Ocean and Orchid Club Scrap Re-Inkers. The tree, from the Gina K. Designs “Cheers Mini Stamp Set” (which doesn’t seem to be available anymore), is stamped with Distress Embossing Ink, embossed with Ranger’s Sticky EP and covered with silver leaf from ArtMinds (found at Michaels). The small snowflakes are (I believe) from Gina K. also (but I don’t remember which set) stamped with In The Navy Gina K. Designs ink.

Other supplies I used:

**paper is from Gina K. Designs (base), Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper (focal image), and Club Scrap (everything else).

**background snowflakes are from  Gina K. Designs “Christmas Joy” set, stamped with Distress Embossing ink, embossed with Silver Moon Turquoise EP from Lindy’s Stamp Gang.

**sentiment stamp is from Gina K. Designs "Season's Greetings" set, stamped with In The Navy Gina K. ink.

**the twine came from Club Scrap with my “Serenity” kit.

I wish snow for all of you who want it, but I’m looking forward to my “green” Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...