Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Losing my marbles…not!

At first I wasn’t going to participate in this week’s Gina K. Stamp TV Challenge “Let’s Play with Marbles”. I had tried that technique a few years ago, and didn’t have any success with it. However, when I watch Gina’s video, I saw that she did it a slightly different way, so I thought I would try it again. I am so glad I did! Now I am a fan of the marble technique. I combined that with this week’s Mojo Monday sketch, #465 and came up with this:
Here are the supplies i used and some more details:

**paper is from Gina K. Designs (base) and Club Scrap.

**The marble technique was done using Evergreen Bough and Squeezed Lemonade Distress re-inkers.

**The focal image is stamped onto a scrap piece of cardstock that is colored with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain. The flower is from Gina K. Designs “Autumn Wishes” stamp set, stamped with Distress Embossing ink, and embossed with Zing’s Metallic Purple EP (flower), Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s Scotch Broom Yellow EP (center of flower) and Ranger’s Topiary Antiquities EP.

**The sentiment stamp is from Crafter’s Companion. It was stamped with Distress Embossing ink, and embossed with Zing’s Metallic Purple embossing powder.

**I used Evergreen Bough Distress Ink to distress the edges of the papers.

**The ribbon is from Club Scrap’s “Papillion” kit.

**The sentiment circle was cut out using Spellbinders dies.

**The “gems” are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Happy you did participate, your marbled background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome technique!! I can't wait to try it! Gorgeous card Rose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...