Saturday, September 10, 2016

Celebrate Getting Older

I used the Mojo Monday sketch #464:
to make a birthday card for a friend of mine. After rotating the sketch, I came up with this:
I used up several “art orphans” and some paper scraps to pull this card together, but don't remember what or how the techniques were done. Here are the supplies I used:

**paper is from Gina K. Designs (base), Club Scrap, and I’m not sure where the scraps of glitter paper are from (but I altered the color using Copic Marker Y35).

**I used a background stamp from Technique Junkies on the middle layer.

**For the focal image I mixed Dreamweaver Embossing Paste mixed with a little Marshmallow Glimmer Mist (which doesn't seem to be available anymore) and spread it through a plumeria stencil from Rubber Stamp Plantation (onto an art orphan piece).  As I worked the paste through the stencil, it picked up color from the background giving it a golden yellow look.

**The ribbon is from the “BandanaRama” Club Scrap kit.

**The sentiment stamp is from the “National Parks” Club Scrap Kit. (On the inside it says “Life is better when you are laughing.”). It was stamped with Candied Apple Distress ink, and embossed with Gina K. Designs clear embossing powder.

**The “gem” in the middle of the flower is from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card. Love these pretty colors. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...