Friday, October 31, 2014

Two Challenges, One Card

This week I am posting one card in two different challenges.  The first is for Operation Write Home's sketch challenge #241, the second is for Gina K's Stamp TV weekly challenge (my first time participating in that one).

The Stamp TV challenge is called "It Takes Two, Only Two!" and requires only two colors, which includes neutrals.  That was quite the challenge, but fun to figure out.  I just wish my brain hadn't been working on it most of the night last night!  The OWH sketch #241 looks like this:

241

My only navy and copper color combination with my interpretation of the sketch looks like this:

The photo seems to make the copper look more golden, but IRL it is truly a copper color.  The products I used for this card are:

**navy paper from Gina K, copper paper from Club Scrap
**stamps from Gina K
**embossing folder from Sizzix
**Versa Mark ink, along with embossing powder from Zing (Denim) and Stamping Details (copper)
**ribbon from Club Scrap
**border punch from Tonic, scallop circle die from Spellbinders
**I don't know where the "gems" are from, but they are altered with Copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Rose using only 2 colors! I bet that is much harder than one would think!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...