Thursday, October 2, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge - #240

I used this Operation Write Home challenge to make a birthday card for a friend.  The sketch looks like this:

240

And here is my interpretation of it:


I never realized how much I mix and match companies and supplies when I create something until I started keeping track of the supplies I use.  This card is no exception.  The paper is from Club Scrap and Gina K.  The background was done using a stencil and a mixture of Dreamweaver embossing paste, Tsukineko Brilliance Ink, Star Dust Stickles and Rock Candy Distress Stickles (there is a bit of shimmer and sparkle to the dots that didn't show up to well on camera).  The focal point is a Unity stamp stamped on a remnant art orphan done with Ranger Alcohol inks.  The ribbon is from Club Scrap. The button cut from Delight Paper Clay using a die from C. C. Designs, then colored with Tsukineko Brilliance Ink. The sentiment stamp is from Stampendous (the message is continued on the inside saying: "Birthday calories don't count!!!").  

 Operation Write Home has some great sketches - currently 240 of them!  You can check them all out  here.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool birthday card, and I love that bit of a snarky sentiment too :) Great wonky cake image and I love the plaid background and wild colors! It's time to party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great fun color choice! Love the sentiment! I too mix and match lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright and sparkly this card is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...