Monday, October 6, 2014

OWH October ODBD Challenge

The Operation Write Home challenge from Our Daily Bread this month is to make a Non-Christmas card with snowflakes.  I had a lot of fun with this one and even made one without any kind of "snowy" sentiment...a first for me.


The background is a Sizzix stamp that I heat embossed with Stampendous Pearlustre powder.  I then sprayed it with three colors of Glimmer Mist.  Once it dried I wiped it off of the embossing.  I am still  working my way through all of the OWH sketches and found that  #102 worked well for this background.  

Other supplies I used are:
**paper from Gina K, Club Scrap, and the backside of a piece from Park Bench
**ink from Versa Mark and Archival
**sentiment stamp from The Stamps of Life, snowflake stamp from Taylored Expressions
**ribbon from Family Treasures
**dies from Taylored Expressions (snowflake) and Spellbinders (sentiment circle)
**embossing powder for sentiment from Club Scrap
**gems from my stash, altered with Copic Marker.

As much fun as this card was to make, I am hoping that we don't get snow for quite awhile here in Virginia!  

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute!! I love the three rows of ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the background you created with embossing and spray mists. And the bold red layer really draws your eyes to the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with this month's ODBD challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. That background is fabulous! Well, the whole card is fabulous. Terrific design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...