Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OWH October Mid-Month Throwdown Challenge

Good morning!  This month's OWH challenge is to make a Winter Birthday card.  I ended up with two cards this time.  The first one is for my Father-in-law who's birthday is in December, and who lives up in the hills:
Ok, so his property doesn't look quite like this, but it is a peaceful, relaxing place.  

The background was sprayed with Glimmer Mists, then embossed with a Sizzix folder.  The focal image is a cut-apart from Club Scrap that I altered with some FaberCastell watercolor pencils and Perfect Pearls spray.  It was hard to photograph the shimmer, but here is a closeup:
The other supplies I used are:
**paper from Club Scrap and Gina K
**ribbon from Club Scrap
**sentiment stamp from I Break For Stamps
**inks from Club Scrap and Distress
**embossing powder from Club Scrap (on the sentiment)
**the "nailheads" are actually iron on studs from Simplicity, and I don't know where the snowflake brad is from (both are altered with Copic Marker)

Since I did this card for personal use, I wanted to do a card that I can send to Operation Write Home as well:
For this one, I sprayed Glimmer Mists on the embossing folder (the same one from Sizzix) then put watercolor paper (from Strathmore) in and ran it through the machine.  I followed the OWH sketch #108, turning it on it's side.  

The rest of the supplies are:
**paper from Gina K and Club Scrap
**sentiment stamp from Club Scrap
**ribbon from Taylored Expressions
**snowflake sticker from Dazzles, altered with Copic Marker
**ink from StazOn and Distress
**nailhead from Mark Richards

Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...