Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Nine of Spades = 6 Cards

Challenges can be fun. Like turning the nine of spades into 6 greeting cards. No, not exactly magic, just a clever formula for cutting paper. Club Scrap has Idea Decks for both cards and layouts which give you 52 different ideas per deck, all with precise cutting instructions to quickly and efficiently turn your paper into works of art. I found an “Idea Deck Challenge” over on the Club Scrap forum which says to use the nine of spades from any of the decks. Here is what I came up with using idea deck #1:
The Club Scrap base papers are from my "Paradise" Lite Kit, and the other paper (8.5 x 11) is from "Henna". Rather than bore you with the play by play, I’ll just list the other supplies I used.

**Stamps: Club Scrap (Beaches, Weathered Florals, Graduation), The Stamps of Life, I Break For Stamps, Unity, Gina K. Designs,

**Ink: Club Scrap (Leaf, Neon Green, Lagoon, Neon Blue, Fuchsia, Neon Pink, Neon Orange), Gina K. Designs (Innocent Pink), Distress Embossing Ink, Smooch Ink (Carrot, Sassy Pink, Taffy, Kiwi, Azure, Platinum), Distress Markers (Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin), and Zig Writer (Gold).

**Embossing Powder: Zing (Apricot), and Lindy’s Stamp Gang (Pumpkin Fiesta, Hyacinth Blue Jade, Geranium Coral Blush).

**Stencils: Club Scrap (Versailles), Memory Box. Hero Arts (Waves, Swirl Stencil).

**Dies: Spellbinder (Fairmont Labels)

**Ribbon: Club Scrap (Dahlia, Come Sail Away), Ellen Hutson, Taylored Expressions, and two that I’m not sure where they came from.

**Bling: from my stash.

As of writing this, all except the Card Idea Deck #2 is out of stock at Club Scrap, but check back later...these are a fun way to get your mojo going!

If you have questions, or want more detailed info, just ask in a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...