Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Challenge and A Blog Party

The end of January means it is time to celebrate Club Scrap’s “Color Me Happy” kit with a Blog Hop and Linky Party! Be sure to check out all of the fun over on the Club Scrap Blog.  My entry to the party is a layout that I am also linking to the 1/17 Monthly Layout Challenge:
I followed the layout idea recipe card (available to kit members only) from “Color Me Happy”. I love those recipe cards as starting points for my inspiration, but I have to confess that this is the first time I followed one so closely. Everything I used is from my “Color Me Happy” Lite kit except for these:

**yellow paper is a piece of Bazzill that I had in my stash.

**I used three cut-a-parts from CS “Seaside” kit, the turtle, the square under the sun stamp and the blue strip under the title. The side strip with the “beauty…” quote is also a cut-a-part from a CS kit, but I don’t remember which one. It is altered with Wild Honey Distress Stain.

**the sun stamp is from Rubber Stamp Plantation. I fussy cut it after stamping and embossing it.

**The title letters are from Pebbles…I’m pretty sure they came as an extra goodie with one of my CS kits, but again I’m not sure which one. They too are altered with the Wild Honey Distress Stain.

**I used Club Scrap Hybrid Ink in Tangerine (stamped sun, and edges of cut-a-part), Lagoon (edges of turtle cut-a-part) and Neon Green (edges of strips under title). I also used Distress embossing ink over the sun stamp.

** Sunset Yellow Orange Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powder was used over the stamped sun.

**the wooden accents are some Koa wood embellishments that I picked up at a local craft fair, but there is no name on the packaging (and I didn’t think to record it elsewhere at the time I bought them). The little mirror pieces are (I think) left over from the old CS kit “Mirror, Mirror”. I love using up some of my old supplies to make room for the new stuff!

By submitting this layout for the layout challenge, I complete "Julie's Ultimate Challenge" as well.   Whew!!  I wasn't sure if I had it in me, but I did it!  Thanks for the extra creative push this month Julie!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Layouts!! Well done Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "kit fusion" and your photos are beautiful! Your LO's make me miss the beach, I must be ready for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the use of rounded corners. they do add a really elegant feel to your fun layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully pared ocean photos with Color Me Happy papers! I too like the rounded corners but that title really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical layouts featuring Magic Island, such great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are PERFECT on that paper. I, too, like the rounded corners...great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! Love it!!! Magical! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my thoughts. I would love it if you would share some of yours...